Friday, July 15, 2011

Calm before the storm


There could not possibly be a better time in my life to be fighting that now. So many things have come to a head in my life...this fight will serve as a cleansing by fire. No matter what the outcome of the match, I am victorious already. I will emerge from this trial as a new person, with a new perspective, new goals and ambitions, and the spirit to finally stop resisting these winds of change. The time has come to embrace them and let them carry me wherever fate would have it. I don't need to let go of the beautiful memories because they are painful. I don't need to run away anymore. I'm tired of being jaded, of being numb. Once upon a time my heart was open to the world, and because I got hurt I hid it from sight and encased it in armor. And as the years and decades went by, I misplaced that part of myself and lost my way. But it's still there, buried underneath the sands of time. Shovel in hand, its time to uncover my buried treasure. It's time to become the person I was born to be. I am free.

No comments: